Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weather

When I was a kid, I used to wonder how the heck my parents could stand to watch the nightly news. How boring! Why on earth would someone want to watch that? Now, I still don't religiously watch the news each night, but if it's about that time, I do turn to a local channel. I may not watch the whole thing, but I have developed a "thing" about the weather. I like to see it. I want to see it. The seven day forecast specifically. Someone at work told me that means I'm getting old - obsessing over the weather!

I have to admit, the seven day forecast isn't my only weather based "thing". I'm not sure when I started doing this, but it's my Chicago winter coping mechanism. I like to check weather.com for the monthly forecast, as far out as it will go to see how much better the average daily temperature will be when we get there. And since today is March 1...

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! The end is in sight....

1 comment:

Lisi Family said...

I think it is in your genes! You and Dad.