Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Incredibly cheap thrifty!

Since moving to our new house, we started up on Chicago Tribune subscription and I love to clip coupons. I'm not nearly as good at using them, which sorta defeats the purpose, but I get a calm sense of accomplishment from just the clipping for some reason.

So, I was *very* excited to see a coupon for $4.00 off Natural Instincts hair color. Those of you who know me IRL know that I like to brighten up my lovely grey copper locks with semi-permanent color. So, I clipped and used my $4.00 coupon on my box of $9.00 hair color.

Caution: this post gets even nerdier from here...
So my thrifty self wondered if I could get my hands on some more of these $4.00 off coupons. I mean a 50¢ coupon is one thing, but $4.00?! That's something to get excited about. Well low and behold, there is someone who loves clipping coupons more than I:
Kuntry-Koncepts
I take issue with the goofy name and the cheesy banjo music, but good ol' Kuntry Koncepts clipped 20 of my beloved coupons and sold them to me for $2!

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Congrats on the good coupon find! Im bad about remembering coupons too.
I need to raid Jason's paper & find this coupon...then check out Natural Instincts. I recently had to stop using Feria because I have too much grey & it wasnt sticking. :( The last 2 boxes have been Nutrese (sp?). It's hard to find the exact right shade of red.