Thursday, May 3, 2007

Baby B has arrived!

Well, it happened! This is LONG overdue, but here are his stats for posterity:

H. T. B.
Born February 14, 2007 at 11:53 p.m.
7 pounds 15 ounces
20 1/2 inches

Labor started at 6 a.m. on Valentine's Day. We went to the hospital around 10 a.m., after I had showered and eaten a lovely Eistein Bagel and had my favorite, a Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks We checked into triage, where they determined that yes, in fact, my water had broken. The only bad thing - I'm not sure when it happened, so it was slow leak and they worry about infection when that happens.

After a couple hours of monitoring, we moved to Labor & Delivery. Contractions really weren't that bad. Not the most fun thing ever, but not bad. I won't get into all the gory details, but I started pushing around 9 p.m. and nearly 3 hours later Mr. H (or HDog as we like to call him) arrived!

No comments: